River View Christian Academy is a private boarding school located in Northern California with the purpose of providing a safe, structured, and supportive setting for our students.
Many parents who turn to River View Christian Academy are exhausted from their teenager’s rebellion, promiscuity, drug abuse, anger or other self-destructive behaviors that have been brought on by the lack of structure and personal attention provided by public and private day schools.
“Providing a bridge to a new way of thinking and maturity…”
They have tried counseling and have done all the right things as parents, but their child continues to head in a negative direction, causing them to fear for their child’s future.
Many of these issues that parents are concerned about can be alleviated simply by removing the student from the negative environment they are in and enrolling them in a school which provides 24-hour supervision as well as traditional structure and boundaries.
RVCA is licensed as a private residential school under the California Department of Education and is not a residential treatment center, therapeutic boarding school, or alternative boarding school as defined by Community Care Licensing. We are a residential school that can be very helpful for students whose parents desire more support, structure, and boundaries than public or private day schools can provide.
River View Christian Academy was founded in 1993 to help such families from all over the United States by providing a bridge to a new way of thinking and maturity in their teenager.
Over the years our school has proven to help bring strength, healing and structure to teenagers who were previously at risk, and bring peace back to the entire family. Our beautiful campus is located in Northern California and our school is open to any family, regardless of religion, beliefs, or background.
RVCA’s primary purpose is to provide education to students who have struggled to be successful in a private or public day schools. We do not discriminate against any student who would be qualified for a public school. Our desire is to educate our students in all areas of life to prepare them for their future. We provide elective courses in Anger Management, Boundary Setting, Conflict Resolution, and other life skills to prepare them for a successful adulthood.
If your child is exhibiting any of these behaviors, or you are concerned about the negative influences of other students exhibiting these behaviors, RVCA can help remove these distractions and help your child to re-focus on their education…
- Are they rebelling against authority?
- Have their grades suddenly dropped?
- Do you fear they may be dabbling in drugs or alcohol?
- Have they neglected good friends in favor of ones you wouldn’t consider to be good influences?
- Have they withdrawn from healthy activities?
- Have they radically changed their appearance?
- Are they spending too much time alone?
- Are they sleeping excessively, or not enough?
- Do they have a problem with internet addiction, social media addiction, pornography addiction or video game addiction?
- Do they demand excessive overnight stays with friends?
- Have they been running away?
- Are they obsessive about spending time with their friends?
- Have valuables gone missing in your home?
- Do they participate in high risk activities?
- Do you fear for their safety…for their future?
If these questions have raised concerns for you as a parent, please call 1-800-494-2200 for a free evaluation that will help you determine whether RVCA can be a good fit for your child. If our boarding school is not a good fit for your child, we also provide free referrals to programs or other schools that may better fit your needs.