In consideration for the request by Community Care Licensing (CCL), the following disclaimer has been posted to demonstrate the ways in which Teen Rescue, Inc/River View Christian Academy is in compliance with CCL regulations and is therefore properly operating under the California Department of Education:
- All students are admitted to River View Christian Academy by a parent or legal guardian.
- River View Christian Academy does not accept students who are considered “Wards of the State”, i.e., any child who falls under the 300 or 600 sections of the Welfare and Institutions code.
- River View Christian Academy is not licensed as, and therefore does not operate as, a “therapeutic boarding school”.
- Teen Rescue, Inc/River View Christian Academy is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization and, as such, does not receive or accept public funding, with the exception of funds specifically designated for educational purposes (per Title 22, Section 80007(a)(6)(H)).
- River View Christian Academy annually files the required Private School Affidavit with the California Department of Education.
- Due to new California law (SB 524), we as a private boarding school cannot provide, nor hold our self out as providing, “behavioral-based services” for our students.
The only services that RVCA provides are those which are commonly provided by public or private schools, and therefore have set a precedent as being acceptable services. However, we do provide a more structured environment with traditional values that help students to break negative habits and refocus on their education.
- Community Care Licensing conducted an extensive month-long investigation of our school to verify we were operating appropriately. Interviews were conducted with both students and staff. No wrongdoing or inappropriate behavior was found. Teen Rescue, Inc met with Community Care Licensing (6/26/2015), who confirmed that Teen Rescue, Inc/River View Christian Academy is exempt from the licensing structure of CCL and is properly operating through the California Department of Education (Title 22, Section 80007(a)).