It is often very difficult for parents to determine whether the struggles that their child is having are normal teenage struggles, or something that they should be more concerned about.
If your child is exhibiting these behaviors, it could be a sign that they are struggling more than the typical teenager and could be helped at RVCA…
- Are they rebelling against authority?
- Have their grades suddenly dropped?
- Do you fear they may be dabbling in drugs or alcohol?
- Do they seem to disdain the family?
- Have they neglected good friends in favor of ones you wouldn’t consider to be good influences?
- Have they withdrawn from healthy activities?
- Do they have thoughts of death and fantasies of suicide?
- Have they radically changed their appearance?
- Are they spending too much time alone?
- Are they sleeping excessively, or not enough?
- Have their eating habits changed?
- Is your teen obese or anorexic?
- Do they have a problem with internet addiction, social media addiction, pornography addiction or video game addiction?
- Do they demand excessive overnight stays with friends?
- Have they been running away?
- Are they obsessive about spending time with their friends?
- Have valuables gone missing in your home?
- Do they participate in high risk activities?
- Do you fear for their safety…for their future?
If these questions have raised concerns for you as a parent, please call 1-800-494-2200 for a free evaluation that will help you determine the severity of your child’s current situation. If our boarding school is not a good fit for your child, we also provide free referrals for other programs that may better fit your needs.